lost (lôst, lošst)
- verb Past tense and past participle of lose.
- No longer in the possession, care, or control of someone or something: a lost pen.
- No longer in existence; vanished or spent: lost youth.
- No longer known or practiced: a lost art.
- Beyond reach, communication, or influence: The expedition was lost to the world for two months.
- Completely involved or absorbed; rapt: lost in thought.
- Bewildered or confused: I’m lost—can you start over?
- Not used to one’s benefit or advantage: a lost opportunity.
- Having not been or unlikely to be won; unsuccessful: a lost battle; a lost cause.
- Beyond recovery or redemption; fallen or destroyed: a lost soul.
Show Spelled [gluhv] Show IPA noun, verb,gloved, glov·ing.
- A piece of clothing which is worn on the hand and wrist for warmth or protection, with separate parts for each finger
- A covering for the hand made with a separate sheath for each finger and for the thumb.
- Boxing glove.
- Baseball glove.
P.S. See The Lost Shoe Project